How does installments work? USA
Installments by Afterpay offers installment payments for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every 2 weeks.
- Simply shop for your favorite items and choose Installments by Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you ASAP.
- At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise Afterpay will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card every 2 weeks.
I want to shop - how do I sign up?
You don't need to register prior to making your first Afterpay purchase. Super easy!
When checking out simply choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. If it’s your first time using Afterpay, you will provide payment details as usual to complete your purchase.
Once your first order is approved, your Afterpay account is created. All you need to do is visit www.afterpay.com to set up a password, and you will be able to make more purchases using Afterpay by simply entering your log in details upon checkout.
I'm not receiving the SMS Verification Code when signing up.
If you are having issues receiving our SMS verification code, please try the following:
- Refresh the connection in between the handset and carrier by restarting your handset and removing and reinserting your SIM card.
- If you are still unable to receive the message, you will need to contact your carrier as your may have short code blocking enabled.
- If you are still unable to receive the message, you will need to contact your carrier as your may have shortcode blocking enabled.
When will my first payment be taken?
You will more than likely pay the first installment of the purchase price at the time you place the order. If you have been shopping with Afterpay for some time and have a really good repayment history, you may find that we defer taking the first payment until 2 weeks after you make your purchase. In all cases you will be notified on screen if the first payment is due there and then or if it will be deferred by 2 weeks.
First payment higher than the other three?
For some purchases, if your total order amount exceeds your Afterpay approved-spending limit the first payment may be higher than subsequent payments. Afterpay will show you how the installments are split before you pay.
Is there a cost for using Installments by Afterpay?
Afterpay is a free service offered by retailers to shoppers - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred.
The only fees that may be incurred by shoppers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed. After being notified, you must login to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method. Late fees for shoppers in the USA are capped at 25% of the order value.
Is Afterpay safe and secure?
We understand how important security is so we ensure that your personal information is protected. Afterpay is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant Service Provider organization.
PCI DSS is a comprehensive set of requirements created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to enhance cardholder data security and to ensure the safe handling and storage of sensitive credit card information and data. This is the highest level of security in the payment industry.
When will my order ship if I pay with Afterpay?
All orders are processed and shipped in 1 – 2 business days. Please review additional Taurae shipping details here.
Can I call and speak to someone at Afterpay?
Afterpay is available in the USA at 1-855-289-6014.
Mon.-Fri. 7:00am – 7:00pm CST
Sat. 9:00am-6:00pm CST
If I make a return and still have remaining Afterpay installments will I receive a refund?
If you return a full order, any upcoming payments will be cancelled out and any paid payments to Afterpay will be refunded in the form of Taurae store credit. Partial return details can be reviewed here.